Filling your personal injury cases is lot like picking apples from the trees. If you pick them too early when they are green they aren’t healthy and you may get stomachaches. On the other hand if you wait too long for them to become ripe, they will fall on the ground reducing the amount you will get from your produce. So to get the maximum value for your apples, picking the right apples at the right time requires an expert’s eye and hands. Similarly it requires an expert personal injury lawyer or a law firm who can get you the right compensation at the right time.
As the process of compensation settlement cannot be redone, you only have one chance to make your case, and a very strong one at that, to win a considerable amount. You and your lawyer need to be aware of:
• Medical problem arising from your work related injuries
• Extent of damage to your body and your prospect of earning in the future affected by the injury
• PPD ratings if the case is catastrophic
• Clear understanding of future medical care
Four ways to increase your personal injury compensation settlement:-
1. Hire worker’s compensation expert- Hire lawyers who specialize in worker’s compensation and personal injury cases having an impressive past records winning cases. Also do check the compensation amount they have been able to get for their clients.
2. Take photo of your injuries- Taking the pictures immediately after getting injured to show the extent of injury would work in your favor in getting the right compensation amount. Armed with these pictures, your lawyer can convince for maximum compensation allowed.
3. Get medical treatment that you need- Always get the first aid immediately to avoid further damage to your health or body. Take medical help or seek doctor’s opinion. Even if you do not have any health insurance cover, your lawyer will be able to work with the medical provider to get you the right treatment you need and pay for it after your personal injury compensation settlement.
4. Be patient- Showing patience will work in your favor as it has been seen that workers receive larger settlement if the insurance company does not think that they are desperate for money and willing to wait and fight out the case.
How long does a personal injury compensation claim takes to settle?
It all depends upon workers’ medical condition, how long does worker take to become medical stationary (3 to 6 months). After recovering from injuries if the case does not settle at the demand stage then worker need to file a loss sue. This then goes all the way to the trial stage. The time of trial is almost a year depending upon how defense opposes your claim(s). So it typically takes 1 to 2 year to settle your compensation case.
Mistake personal injury victim makes
• Accepting too little as a claim- This usually results when the injured worker represents himself in the case and deals with insurance company directly. In worst case scenario he hires a wrong workers’ compensation attorney who has no idea about extent of compensation to get.
• Asking too much on claim- Inspired by compensation amounts in the past, workers ask for too much compensation than they actually should get based on extend of their injury. That’s why its important to hire an experienced injury compensation attorney to get the right amount as compensation.
Source by Ean Triste